The following are the selection criteria used choosing ministers
for the Knight Templar Holy Land Pilgrimage. Please consider these
guidelines before inviting ministers to apply. Ministers who fall
outside of these guidelines will rank lower in the process of selecting
ministers from the pool of those nominated.
- Having never traveled to Israel before.
- Fully Ordained ministers (copy of Ordination Certificate
or judicatory documentation must accompany the application). Youth
coordinators, program directors, lay pastors, etc. rarely have
- Serving in full time ministry, currently. This means
that they are employed by the church full time and it is their
primary source of income.
- Having served at least four years in full time ministry.
- Having at least ten years of full time service before
- Be of good physical health (if the idea of walking a
brisk mile or more - uphill, non-stop, with steps - is a concern,
this may not be the program from which this person would benefit).
- Willing to travel with an ecumenical group of other ministers
from many denominations and religious groups, male and female.
- Willing to travel in a program sponsored by the Knights Templar,
an appendant organization of Freemasonry.
- Willing to travel without their spouse. This is non-negotiable.
- Having the understanding that this is a strenuous educational
and spiritual study seminar / historical & cultural immersion
experience and not a vacation trip.